10 of the biggest transformations changing the future of aging care:
- Home care: a wave of new solutions making it easier for people to stay in their home longer and enabling home care delivery.
- Virtual health: from telehealth to remote monitoring, the digital health revolution is making care anywhere possible. Not only at home, but on the go, persistently.
- Consumerism: the empowered patient and skyrocketing consumer demand for information, access, and control is changing the market.
- Price transparency: the ability to understand and shop around for pricing is changing the power dynamic of healthcare at all levels.
- Data liberation: interoperability and connectivity layers are changing how providers, family, and caregivers interact.
- Caregiver platforms: marketplaces are empowering patients, families and caregivers to create better care, accountability and reduce costs.
- Design: an emphasis on personalized design and usability for all is simplifying and leaping aging care forward in elegant ways.
- Vitality: a focus on wellness and lifestyle is shifting the focus of health from just treatment to prevention and living well.
- Longevity: an understanding that we are living longer, healthier lives. 90 is the new 65.
- Market focus: Once a neglected area of innovation, entrepreneurs, innovators and investors are passionately rethinking the entire aging care market. And this will have profound implications for generations to come…